Ambush at Devil’s Overlook
Friday November 14, Devil’s Overlook, Bagrada
The snow hasn’t stopped in two days, and in some places the drifts are already twice the height of a man. Even The Fallen will have to wait until spring before they try to cross the mountains here again.
But not all of the enemy retired ahead of the snow. For the last two hours we’ve watched a column of a hundred soulless, separated from their masters and obviously lost, wandering the canyons below. The dwarves are running about like delirious children. It should be a spectacular ambush.
Rabican has held Seven Gates, and the snow has begun there as well. We have done the unthinkable. We have pushed The Fallen back to the mountains.
But our success here is tempered by Alric’s failure to return west with the eastern army before winter, and The Watcher’s continued presence behind us. It’s not going to be an easy winter.
- Fallen Lords: Six powerful wizards who were suborned by Balor. Among them: Shiver, The Deceiver, The Watcher, and Soulblighter. ↩
- Soulless: Their souls literally stolen by sorcery, the Soulless slowly float across the land, leaving pestilence and corruption in their wake. ↩
- Dwarves: A diminutive race of sturdy craftsmen. The Dwarves delight in the elements of Fire and Stone, and are unrivaled masters of both. They share a deep hatred and countless years of war with the Ghôls. Driven from their homelands in Myrgard and Stoneheim, they returned to reclaim them following the defeat of the Dark at the end of the Great War. ↩
- Rabican: One of The Nine. ↩
- Seven Gates: One of the three passes across the Cloudspine, named for its seven choke-points, and overshadowed by an ancient volcano. ↩
- Alric: One of The Nine, former King of the Southern Provinces. ↩
- The Watcher: One of the Fallen. ↩