Monday March 2, Muirthemne
The events I am about to relate occurred just a few days after my departure to Forest Heart. In the interest of historical accuracy, I have inserted these pages in my journal to acknowledge this important moment in time.
After the Ibis Crown was recovered from the ancient tomb below Muirthemne, a ceremony was held to coronate Alric as the new Emperor of the Cath Bruig Empire. The journeymen, after a hundred years of self-imposed penance for being absent during the fall of the city, threw down the gold tiles that hung around their necks and swore fealty to the new Emperor.
The journeymen were no more; the Heron Guard were reborn.
Hours later Muirthemne was overrun by Myrkridia and the Heron Guard were given their chance at redemption.
- Forest Heart: An ancient and majestic forest east of the Cloudspine. Home to the peaceful but powerful Forest Giants. Forest Heart was the site of many battles during the Great War. ↩
- Ibis Crown of the Cath Bruig: Legend states that whoever wears the Ibis Crown has at his disposal enormous power. Before the fall of the Cath Bruig empire, Ceiscoran, at enormous expense, commissioned eleven ordinary copies of the crown to be made in order to make the theft of the true crown more difficult. When Muirthemne fell to the Fallen Lords, the true crown was nowhere to be found. ↩
- Muirthemne: (Llancarfan). The ancient capital of the Cath Bruig empire, Muirthemne was home to many great sorcerers and craftsmen, whose works included the Tain. Ruled by Connacht during the Wind Age, it was sacked and utterly razed when he returned as Balor during the Great War. ↩
- Alric: An Avatara of years past, Alric is the only surviving member of the Nine sorcerers who opposed the Fallen Lords during the Great War. Alric reclaimed his throne after defeating Balor. He has spent the last sixty years rebuilding the Province. ↩
- Cath Bruig Empire: Once the greatest empire the world had ever known. At the start of the Wolf Age, the Fallen overcame the armies of the Cath Bruig, sacked Muirthemne and turned the empire East of the Cloudspine into a desert now known as the Barrier. ↩
- Journeyman: (Heron Guard) These men are all that remains of the Empire of the Cath Bruig. Formerly the guards of the Emperor, they disbanded and wandered the earth in self-imposed exile after the Fallen destroyed Muirthemne and everyone in it. In a further show of penance, they developed the ability to heal other people, though they are by nature loners and do not actively seek out company. ↩
- Myrkridia: A terrible race of flesh-eaters with a limitless capacity for evil. During the Wind Age, the Myrkridia were trapped in the Tain by Connacht and thought destroyed. ↩