Saturday April 25, South of Silvermines
Still Shiver stands between us and Soulblighter, just as she did two days ago on the Ire River. The men who fought there faced an army of thrall meant more as an impediment than anything else. Did Soulblighter plan to wash both the Legion and Shiver out to sea? Truly there is no end to the fiend’s malfeasance.
Alric was able to repel Shiver’s attack and push her all the way to the broken lands south of Silvermines, but there was never an opportunity to strike at her directly. We will resolve that within hours.
The Deceiver has been screaming for Shiver’s blood all day. Alric has chosen five men of unwavering courage to accompany The Deceiver into the labyrinth of ravines where she hides. There they will hunt her down and destroy her.
With Shiver gone, Alric and the rest of us will attempt to outflank Soulblighter and pin him against the Cloudspine.
- Shiver: One of the Fallen Lords. ↩
- Soulblighter: Balor's second in command during the Great War. Arguably the most dangerous of the Fallen Lords, his cruelty and ambition knew no bounds. Many think that he was once Damas, one of Connacht's lieutenants. ↩
- Thrall: The reanimated corpses of humans who fought against the Fallen Lords and lost. ↩
- Alric: An Avatara of years past, Alric is the only surviving member of the Nine sorcerers who opposed the Fallen Lords during the Great War. Alric reclaimed his throne after defeating Balor. He has spent the last sixty years rebuilding the Province. ↩
- Silvermines: A small mining town near Seven Gates. ↩
- The Deceiver: One of the Fallen Lords who served Balor during the Great War. His rivalry with the other Fallen Lords led to his downfall. He disappeared after the Watcher decimated his army at Seven Gates. ↩
- Cloudspine Mountains: A mountain range spanning the continent,running north to south across its center. An almost impassable barrier, the Cloudspine has only three passes—Bagrada, Seven Gates, and The Stair of Grief. Even these are only passable during the summer months. ↩